See inside my Black H'Art

for inside it is black... it is also, red and purple and blue and green and orange and all the colours of the rainbow. I am showing you my true colours.

Monday, May 31, 2010

Classes for me and by me!

I just wanted to share with you a flooded canvas I made with the help and inspiration of the lovely, talented Linda Baldock.  I am really happy with this, although in the end I did have some bubbling in the resin where it has reacted to some of the product I have rather bravely thrown in the mix.  Sometimes these things are such a learning curve, I know now what I would and wouldn't do again.  I think when you learn a new technique it's as much about what you learn not to do, as what you learn to do.  And with this type of thing, where it is quite experimental, I don't think it's always good to get your hopes up on having a successful piece the first, second or even third time.  I know for some that is a bit disheartening but when you are doing things not necessarily just for a page in your album or a card to give someone on their special day, but just for the sake of creating something, it is the process that is just as important as the final outcome.

I have some layouts to post too... will get to that asap!

Take care of each other,
see you soon.
M

No comments: